Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Who actually made this 4024A

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Who actually made this 4024A

    Altec Lansing Digital Signal Processor DSP 4024A - eBay (item 220515581834 end time Nov-30-09 12:16:47 PST)

    I've looked at the documentation on the Altec Pro website, and the drawing of the unit says "Assembled in Germany". Who made them, and who did the design work?

    This is the first one I've seen on Ebay....... I wish the price was a bit lower. I suspect it won't be a hot seller, since there are so many Behringer's and the like available. It's exactly what I need for my 9864A.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Who actually made this 4024A

    Interesting. Never seen one of those. Thanks for posting.
    He also has it listed on Craigslist for $250.

    Doc are here, if anyone is interested.
    Altec Pro Signal Processing Library

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Who actually made this 4024A


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Who actually made this 4024A

    By that point Altec was merged in with EV et al.

    The parent company owned stuff all over the world.

    I am certain it's Dynacord. The EV German made stuff was. As is the low end Midas board that has nothing to do with Midas except a label slapped on.

    BTW I have an Altec parametric that says Klark Teknik on the boards...
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who actually made this 4024A

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    By that point Altec was merged in with EV et al.

    The parent company owned stuff all over the world.

    I am certain it's Dynacord. The EV German made stuff was. As is the low end Midas board that has nothing to do with Midas except a label slapped on.
    I know nothing about Dynacord, and I'm surprised it's on Craigslist for so much....... is this guy looking for a sucker, or should I be bidding at $99? I was assuming that the Ebay auction would probably end with no bidders.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Who actually made this 4024A


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Who actually made this 4024A

    Very obsolete by today's standards. I would not pay more than 50 bucks.

    48 kHz sampling rate, as was most gear from the era.

    New cheap stuff will sound better.

    This has same specs and sells for 50 all the time, just doesn't say Altec on it.

    Peavey CEX-4L 4-way Digital Crossover - Fully Working - eBay (item 170409690802 end time Nov-27-09 12:36:01 PST)
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who actually made this 4024A

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    Very obsolete by today's standards. I would not pay more than 50 bucks.
    Okay, $50 was about what I had in mind.

    48 kHz sampling rate, as was most gear from the era.

    New cheap stuff will sound better.

    This has same specs and sells for 50 all the time, just doesn't say Altec on it.
    The reason I've wanted the Altec is that it has pre-loaded setting for my particular system, along with all the other from the DTS/Engine series. Wouldn't that be difficult for me to replicate with a newer piece of hardware unless I really new what I was doing? I don't have the sound system background that many here have.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who actually made this 4024A

    Well the guy has a bid....... I thought for sure the auction would end with no bidders.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.